Thursday, March 28, 2013

Picked up some Tau on the Cheap.

So while I was at the FLGS this week one of our local tau players came in trying to sell his stuff because he is moving as did not want to take his 40k stuff with him. There weren't any takers and I was trying to talk a few friends into buy it because it was a good deal, but there weren't any takers. So as he was getting ready to leave he dropped the price by 1/2 of what he was asking before (and it was a great price before but my wife would have killed me) and I had to jump on it. I don't know what it was but I could not pass up a deal this good knowing that I was coming into some disposable cash after fixing come computers.

So what did I get?
Take a look!

Space Commies NOOOOOO!

I ended up with
36 Fire Warriors
8 Pathfinders (3 with rail rifles)
3 Broadsides with Twin-Linked Plasma rifles from Forge World
7 Crisis Suites with magnetized weapons 
          (7 missile pods, 7 Fusion Guns, 3 Plasma Rifles, 2 Flamers, 2 shield generators)
4 Devil Fish with Gun Drones
2 Hammer Heads with Rail Cannon and SMS
3 drones on stands (2 shield drones, 1 gun drone)

After looking at the BRB for a min I realized that the Tau can ally with everyone but Tyranids, this makes them a pretty good addition to my collection as I can try them out with all my armies but my nids and see what kind of hole they can fill.

I went ahead and painted up a test model last night, it did not come out as well as clean looking as I had hoped but I have a few ideas of how to fix that. 



I am planning on painting them as Ultra(marines) Tau!

I also decided that as I have this new project I may as well throw my hat in for the Independent Characters Hobby Progress Challenge! And in order to do this I had to make up an 1850 point "Tournament list"... so with my limited Tau knowledge this is what I came up with!

HQ:
Shas'o w/Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Shield Gen., Bonding Knife, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker, Stim injector -147


Elites:3x Crisis Suites w/Fusion Blasters, Plasma Rifles and Multi-Trackers -1863x Crisis SUites w/Twin-Linked Missile Pods and Blacksun Filters -138


Troops:12x Fire Warriors w/Shas'ui, Marker Light, Gun Drone, Bonding Knife -15512x Fire Warriors w/Shas'ui, Marker Light, Bonding Knife, Photon Grenades, DEVILFISH w/ Disruption Pods, Targeting array, Multi-Tracker, Flechette Discharger -26712x Fire Warriors w/Shas'ui, Marker Light, Bonding Knife, Photon Grenades, DEVILFISH w/ Disruption Pods, Targeting array, Multi-Tracker, Flechette Discharger -267


Heavy Support:Hammerhead w/Railgun, Smart Missile System, Blacksun Filter, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod, Target Lock, 2x Seeker Missiles -205Hammerhead w/Railgun, Smart Missile System, Blacksun Filter, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod, Target Lock, 2x Seeker Missiles -2053x Broadsides w/3x Twin-linked Plasma Rifles, 2x Shield Drones, 2x Target Lock -280

But with the new Codex coming out in less than 1 1/2 weeks who knows how this will change!

Well... till next time! Let's paint some Tau!
Dracus OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment