Friday, March 16, 2012

How to Magnetize a Drop Pod Console!

So I have seen a lot of Google Search returns hitting about how to magnetize the center console on a Space Marine Drop Pod. Well I did it on one of my other Drop Pods but for got to take pictures... Good thing I had another Drop Pod to put together!



The First Step I take it magnetizing the center console is to build it (the console)! Simple enough.
Step 2: Put Green Stuff in the bottom on the console to fill the open gap.
Step 3: Press a magnet into the center of the Green Stuff so that it will be flat when the console is put in place.

It should look something like this!

Step 4: Take the piece that will be the floor of the Drop Pod and remove that plastic nub on the underside of where the console is placed. This is where your other magnet will go.
Step 5: Place your Console in the correct spot of the floor section. Place some glue on the underside of the floor where your magnet will go. Now your can place your 2nd magnet on the underside and it should jump right into place as it will be attracted to the magnet in the console.

  The glued in underside.

This is where you can check to make sure your magnet is strong enough to hold the console in place. With the 1/8th inch magnets I am using, I can hold the console and the floor will stick under it without any issues.
(Optional) Step 6: You can at this point fill the underside in with Green Stuff around the magnet. You would only do this if you are afraid that your glue may break at some point and your magnet would fall out of place, as you will not have access to this area once you are done building the Drop Pod.

And that's it! If you have any magnetization requests let me know. And if you would like I can also give you a guide on how I magnetized my Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer or Predator Tank!

Till next time! Happy Wargaming! 

2 comments:

  1. The land raider guide will be real useful to me .. Since I snapped off one of my FW incinerator flamestorm cannons off my LR at the last tourney :(
    Thanx dracus

    ReplyDelete