Sunday, August 28, 2011

Random Doubles 1,000 point Tournament

Yesterday I took about a drive down to Paper Hero's Comics in Saugus, CA for a 1,000 points doubles tournament. It was more of a fun tournament then a real competitive tournament due to how the teams were going to be set up. Round 1 teams were going to be completely random, round 2 and 3 the person with the highest score would be paired with the person with the lowest score and the pairings will work though the list in the same manner.

I made several different lists for my Tyranids, Chaos Marines, and Guard. In the end I decided to go with the Imperial Guard just because of what was available to use at 1,000 points. Here is the list I ended up taking.

HQ:
Primaris Psyker

Troops:
Vet. Squad w/Chimera
Vet. Squad w/Chimera

Fast Attack:
Vendetta
Vendetta

Heavy Support:
Hydra
Leman Russ Demolisher
Leman Russ Demolisher w/Hull Lascannon

The first issue we ran into was that only 4 people showed up till 1 min. before we were scheduled to start then 1 other person arrived. This left 5 people for a doubles tournament. The TO ended up playing and we were running 1 2v2 game and 1 1v1 game. Of the armies that showed up 3 were Imperial Guard, 1 Space Wolves Pod list, 1 Dark Eldar, and 1 Chaos Space Marines. Everyone had 1 1v1 game and 2 2v2 games. when all the games were finished 1 person won all there games 2 of us were 2-1 and the last 2 were 1-2. Because there was no buy-in for this tournament everyone ended up with some kind of store credit.

In the end I had 3 fun laid back games, I won 1 team game and my 1v1 game.  I walked away with good times with some friends and a Space Marine Drop Pod that I needed for the army I am working on anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment