Monday, July 9, 2012

I made a difference and so can you!

Well Forge World is out with their updates for 6th Edition and they are asking for your questions. After I found out they had the updates on their website I decided to take a look at what changes they made to the units I own and wont to own.

Flyers Beware!

Most of it looked much like what I expected but one thing popped out to me. The Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought had a special rule that gave it Skyfire if it did not move during that turn. This was to replace the "AA" rule that it had before if it did not move.



The issue here is that if the Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought gains only Skyfire and not Interceptor as well then when it is shooting at targets other then Flyers, Flying MCs and Skimmers it can only fire Snap Shots. This means that a Contemptor Mortis Dread is forced to move if it wants to shoot anything other then those 3 types of units. An immobilized Dread would be out of luck completely. This would severely limit the usefulness of the unit.

So I sent in the question to FW and asked them if this was the intention and if it was not I suggested that they also give it the Interceptor rule. To my surprise not only did they respond within a matter of hours they implemented my suggestion stating "This is not quite our intention - when the Contemptor Mortis remains stationary its weapons gain the Skyfire rule should you wish to target Flyers, it doesn't preclude you from shooting at other types of unit. As such it should indeed also have the Interceptor rule."


This is awesome! Not only are the Comtemptor Mortis Dreadnoughts still awesome, but I was able to make a difference in improving the game.

I recommend that everyone look at the rules update that they have released. If you see something that does not look right or just is unclear when you read it send Forge World an e-mail to let them know.

This just made me very happy and Forge World is giving great customer service with these new changes! But I have still been waiting about 3+ months for some replacement parts for my Contemptor Mortis Dreadnoughts... now I am not sure if that is on FW or on the LA Battle Bunker.

Forge World Updates Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment