Friday, June 8, 2012

Entering "The Thunderdome"!

Well tonight I set into "The Thunderdome" to face my impending doom of Biffomatic and his Gray Knights/Draigowing. I have had 2 games against Gray Knights since I knew I was going to be facing them in "The Dome", one was a tie against an almost exact copy of Biffs list and the other was the win that I posted the BatRep of. Both games were against the less experienced DaddyT, so I don't know what kind of "advanced" trick Biff may have up his sleeves and that makes me a bit nervous.


it is time...


I have decided on my list though... I am not 100% confident in it. It is the same list from the BatRep, but with the extra 5 points I threw Melta Bombs on the Tac Sgt. Here is the list for those of you who missed the BatRep.

Col. Dracus' Space Marine List: 1750 pointsHQ:
Vulkan
Librarian w/Null Zone & Gate


Eilite:
6x Assault Terminators w/TH/SS & Land Raider Crusader w/Multi-Melta
Ironclad Dreadnought w/2x HKM, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Drop Pod w/Locator Beacon


Troops:
10x Tac Squad w/Meltagun, Missile Launcher, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs
5x Scout Squad w/BP, CCW, Combi-Melta, Powerfist


Fast Attack:
Land Speeder Storm w/Multi-Melta
Land Speeder w/Multi-Melta
Land Speeder w/Multi-Melta


Heavy Support:
Land Raider w/Multi-Melta



There are a few reasons why I am going with this list over the 1750 list I would normally play.
1) Land Raiders are pretty hard for Gray Knights to crack
2) Less Kill points to give up
3) More long ranged shooting


I don't want to give too many of my thoughts away at the moment as I want to save them for the Podcast and keep some of them away from my opponent. But win or lose I am looking forward to this game. I have not played against Biff before and it should be a blast. In fact we are going to meet up a bit before the podcast to hang out and maybe grab a bite to eat.


Till next time, Happy Wargaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment