Monday, December 12, 2011

DDM Ready and Loaded.


So I had another productive weekend. I was able to put together some models from the AoBR kit and was able to paint a couple things also. But before I show you what got painted I would like to talk about something I was able to try out in a game this last week.

I was able to try out the Mortis Pattern Contemptor Dread with 2 Kheres Assault Cannons and a Cyclone Missile Launcher. It would look kind of like this...
Bad Ass!

Anyway I was playing a 1500 point game vs Kan Wall Orks list. I ran 2 of these dreads in my list and they were defiantly the MVPs of the game. By the end of the game they were able to take out or assist with taking out 3 mobs of 20 boys and 5 of 6 Killa Kans. I will have to give this build a couple more tries before I go and buy the arms and CML for it, but I think it may work very well with the type of lists I have been using as of late.

Anyway on to what I did this weekend. Lets start with the Dread.




I may need to go back over the blue highlights. I will have to take another look at it as they may be a bit to light... but they again it could be just that I can't see it because I am color blind. Let me know what you guys think.

Here is the second Drop Pod. I decided to go with a little different scheme for painting this one compared to the first.





And now for some good measure here are some comparison pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment