Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tons of hobby work! Terrain Commissions, Trench Line, Custom Pedro and more.

So I have been hard at work on hobby related projects. Lets go over a few things what I have been spending my time on.

First up, some GW Terrain.

Looks like I took this picture with my glasses off...


So I had a buddy who asked me to build and paint these three terrain kits as a commission. I was happy to do so and was able to get everything back to him within a week. He only asked that I make the buildings is the same shape as shown on the boxes and give them a couple spray paints to make it tabletop ready.

Well here is how it turned out!











After this was finished he asked me if I might be able to work on building him some Zone Moretalis terrain. But he didn't want something like I build before from the foamcore, he was interested in something a little more to scale with the Forge World product.

So I went about making up a test piece and this is how that came out. Now this is not a finished piece, but a Work in Progress (WIP). I am currently waiting on some feedback before I can move forward on this project.



Lets throw in some models for scale...

And now with that project on hold I thought to myself that I would really like some Trench Line terrain for my table...

So I went about trying to design and make that happen. This is also a WIP, not a finished project.

This is an 8x4 foot table.



Throw a few hills on top.

And a few models for scale..



So to finish this off I plan on adding some easements to give some access points into the trenches. I also plan on lining the trench works with supports and building some bridges to cross the gaps for the units that decide to fight above the trenches.

And the last bit I would like to share is that I have added  a few models to my Celestial Lions. These are all still a WIP as well. But as I was going through the new Space Marines codex and after seeing the new fluff for the Celestial Lions in the Blood and Fire book I thought I should build a couple new units.

Being that the Celestial Lions are a Successor Chapter to the Imperial Fists I thought I would add a few units that seem to exemplify the Imperial Fists. 

First off a couple scratch built Thunderfire Cannons... Now I am not really happy with these at the moment they will require a lot more work.


Next I made up a "Counts As" Pedro Kantor. As he is a Chapter Master with a similar back story to Ekene Dubaku (the new Celestial Lions Chapter Master) I thought it would be a good fit. My only question now would be "Do I paint his armor in the Imperial Fist colors?" As the back story goes that upon becoming the Chapter Master he as gifted an ancient suit of Power Armor that was in the Imperial Fists colors and Heraldry. 

Lastly because of the addition of the new Chapter Tactics for the Imperial Fists I though it would be a good idea to take advantage of them. So I decided to use some of my bits collection to make up a Devastator Squad with Missile Launchers in order to take advantage of Imperial Fists getting Tank Hunters for their Dev Squads and make up a couple "Counts As" Heavy Bolters from some Psycannons I had left over from the Gray Knight kit I used to build a lot of my characters and Honor Guard.

Lets take a look at how they turned out.


Not to bad! But you may be asking yourself "Why are there only 3 missile launchers?" Well that has a simple answer. One of the Tac Squads I have painted already has a Missile Launcher, so I will be replacing the Missile Launcher in the Squad for one of the new Heavy Bolters. This gives me 4 Missile Launchers for the Devastator Squad and when adding the other Heavy Bolter to the finished Tac Squad without a Heavy Weapon it gives me a Sargent as well.

So I end up with 2 10-man tac squads each with a Heavy Bolter and a brand new 4 Missile Launcher Devastator Squad.

Well that's it for now.

If you have any interest in commissioning some terrain please feel free to contact me via E-Mail. You can find my e-mail address in the "About Me" section to the right. --->

Till Next Time!
Dracus Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment